About Me

My photo
@ home, behind my computer, Belgium
I'm a rookie writer enjoying the flow of words sprouting out of my fingers. Sometimes it goes easy, at other times it's a real struggle. I love and crave any kind of feedback, good or bad. I write when I can, but a husband, two kids, 4.2 cats (aging from 15 years to 4 months) do take up most of my time. Yet I found the time to try out something I never thought I was good at. I started writing. I came to love it and enjoy the new friendships I've made with fellow writers I simply adore (well I like the writers, but adore their work *grins*)

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Baking frenzy.

Tried out an easy recipe but one you can impress your guests with if you get the timing right!.
I'll start with sharing the end product :



Ingredients needed are : (for 4 moelleux)

* 100 gr of dark chocolate ( I used the 70% one because I don't want it to be too bitter )
* 110 gr butter  room temperature )
* 50 gr of pastery flour
* 100 gr fine sugar
* 4 eggs (2 full eggs + 2 egg yolks, can use the 2 egg whites left over to make meringues )

extra tools :

4 serving rings with a diameter of 7 cm (open top and bottom)
scales
disposable piping bag
baking paper
sieve

preparation :

start melting the chocolate and the butter in a separate bowl above some boiling water.
in the meantime beat together 2 eggs + 2 egg yolks and 100 gr of sugar until you get a smooth mixture.
use the sieve then add the 50 gr of flour and again kindly mix it together.

right about now your chocolate/butter mi should have melted enough to gently mixed together, make sure the mixture doesn't boil, just keep an extra eye on it while melting and stir every now and again until again you get a smooth blend of the two.

put a bit of the warm chocolate mix in your batter mix, as not to cause the eggs to cook, then put the rest in there in smoothly mix it together.

to fill the piping bag (the disposable ones are best since they are closed at the bottom) i put min over a thin measuring glass and put all the mixture in there.
tightly close it of and put in the fridge for at least two hours. i let mine rest for a whole day.

pre heat the oven to 210° C.

get your 4 serving rings, but some butter/flour on the inside of the rings, to take out the moelleux easier when done (could use a special baking spray as well)
when done coating them but them on the baking paper on a flat surface and fill them with the moelleux batter for about 2/3 (it can appear a bit less but that is fine)

put in the oven and bake for about 8 to 10 minutes.

when checking at 8 minutes and you're sure the top is still liquid add a minute or two, after that they'll surely be done.

take them out of the oven, with the serving still around them put them on the dish, remove ring gently. add some ice cream, or mix of red forest fruit or vanilla mascarpone (mascarpone mixed with vanilla sugar to taste)

enjoy!

1 comment: